Saturday, November 22, 2014

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Books (the sequel)

  1. What’s the most unusual book you’ve read?
    House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. I couldn't finish it.
  2. What’s the most challenging book you’ve read?
    I never got into The Last of the Mohicans--way too boring. And that book above, also unfinished. I'm trying to think of a challenging book I did finish....maybe House of Mirth.
  3. What writer have you read the most books by?
    I suppose "Anonymous" doesn't count...? It's probably Pronzini or Grafton.
  4. What book had a cover that was just right for it?
    I can't think of anything specific, but I would estimate that less than 15% really work for me, except in terms of catching my interest. They do better these days though; when I was a kid, it used to drive me NUTS when the picture and the description of characters completely didn't match.
  5. What’s a book that has illustrations you love?
    Robert Munsch's books crack me up, and touch my heart. So many other good kids' authors and illustrators though. Another favorite is Audrey & Don Wood.

1 sweet-talkers :

onebadscrivener said...

Oooh. Elbert's Bad Word is one of my best read-aloud books. I have kept both high-schoolers and pre-schoolers enthralled with it, and when I taught a high-school oral interpretation class, the juniors and seniors fought for the right to read this one at a public library read-aloud activity for neighborhood kids. Thanks for the great memory, and thanks for participating in the F5 again. :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.