Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Let's Talk Travel Meme

Ok let’s talk travel, do you like to travel?
I like seeing new places and I generally enjoy the traveling part too, although air-travel has gotten so bad that I'm no longer such a fan. The seats are too small, the space between rows is nonexistent, and the fun of it is just gone. But I still like driving places, most of the time, and I do love train travel outside the US (Amtrak, bless their hearts, couldn't be on time to its own funeral).
Where have you been?
"I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere...." I've got 37 states in at this point, a couple of Canadian provinces and a couple Mexican districts.
Next place you want to go?
The next place we ARE going to is the shore of Lake Michigan next weekend. We 'won' at a silent auction a weekend in a cottage on the shore. Hopefully, there'll still be some color in the trees, but otherwise, I'm looking forward to peace and quiet and sleep.
What is something you MUST take with you when you travel?
My meds and my glasses. Everything else is replaceable.
How do you like to travel? (mode of transportation)
Kinda covered this above, but I prefer traveling in relative comfort, having some control over the view and the stops.
With someone, or alone?
Either way. Sometimes it's really nice to be on my own.
Do you dance in your car when there are other people with you?
Sometimes, mostly to make them laugh. However, I dance in the car when I'm alone, too sometimes.
If you're quiet what does it mean?
Chances are I'm unconscious, or angry, or very very focused on something.
Favorite scent?
Baby wash. Vanilla. Baking bread. Cinnamon. PINE.
Favorite store?
They only really exist in my memory or imagination. I do really love wandering around The Tattered Cover in Denver, though.
Say you wanted coffee.. what kind is your favorite?
If you ever hear me saying I want coffee, I've been taken over by aliens. Yuck.
Favorite kind of pizza?
I like white pizza a lot primarily because I rarely have it. But I really like deep-dish pizza, meat plus some veggies. Yum.
Do you get embarrassed easily?
I do. But a lot less so than when I was younger.
Do you mind people asking you personal questions?
Well, yes, of course I do. However, in my job, I have been asked some doozies, so I generally either shrug them off or ignore them.
You have a tank of gas, $50, and the day off… what do you do?
Hmm. Maybe I'll drive an hour south and kidnap Amy from work so we can spend time eating bar food and talking.
Favorite TV show?
Right now, I'm really enjoying NCIS : New Orleans.
Song you turn the volume up all the way to listen to?
"Fuckin' Perfect" (Pink), "Jack & Diane" (John Mellencamp), "Fuck You" (Lily Allen, though I like Cee Lo's song, too), "Born to Run" (The Boss), "Diverse City" (TobyMac), "Must Be Crazy for Me" (Melissa Etheridge), "The Museum Song (from "Barnum"), ....so MANY!!
Something you keep in your car?
Gawd, what do I NOT have in my car! I have, currently, two Bibles, two audiobooks, a bunch of AFG stuff, a milk crate full of cloth bags, bungee cords, cables for jump-starting, at least one umbrella, receipts, nail clippers and file, gum, two Kleenex containers....
Highlight of your day?
Today? Well, it was NOT the moments while I was shouting at the kids in Sunday School class that's for sure! The Packers are playing well though, so that's good.
Something you do everyday that you wish you didn’t have to do?
... uhhhh, get up? Deal with stupidity--my own or other people's--that probably beats the getting up thing.
Do you mind if people just show up at your house unannounced?
Nope. OK, well, it depends on the people. Judgmental, demanding people--so, like, several of my family members--are not people I want appearing without notice so I can clean or at least hide all the untidiness. Anyone who just wants to come in and hang out though--come on over!
What do you do when you disagree with someone?
I get frustrated if I care about the issue and/or the person. I'm trying to let that go and just let people have their own (irrational) opinions. ;-)
Do you enjoy rain?
I like a good, wormy storm. I don't like a day that is nothing but soggy dripping. We've had several of those lately.
Who’s your favorite person in the whole world… besides me?
Since I don't really know "me" in this context, but my favorite person in the world...is probably a tie between Sparky and Beast. But I'm kind of easy this way: adorable babies tend to edge those two out fairly regularly.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I can't believe there are so few coffee drinkers among the regular crowd.

I am Harriet said...

We have had every kind of rain storm here in the past week and a half. I wish the sun would come out and stay out.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your car actually sounds a lot like ours. And, I'm so glad to hear the Packers are doing well. I once had a classmate who played for them and now his son does, or maybe he coaches now.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.