Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday 9

in meme-roll)
The Power of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged?
I ordered several books online last night.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard?
Uhm, no. I'm very VERY bad at skateboarding.
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good?
Official news: they caught the guy who shot two cops Thursday morning and found his gun in a nearby lake yesterday. His arraignment was yesterday too.
4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?
One of my grandfathers was born in Canada, but all the rest of my grandparents are USans. They were all born in the 19th century, and going back further than that, I'm pretty sure there's at least one more generation born here. We aren't newcomers, but we're nothing special, either.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do?
I did fine, but that's an astounding accomplishment of Huey's! Never knew that. Anyway, I did better on the ACT with a composite score of 32 than I did on the SAT for which I don't even remember my score.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where ANZAC Biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now?
I do. I keep it around for 7-Layer Bars even though I rarely make them because I can, literally, eat the whole pan myself in less than 36 hours!
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Fruit pie, or white cake with lots of frosting.
8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014?
It never got hot. And I nearly got frostbite at work on a daily basis.
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box!
Orange Magazines. I'm going to papercut you all to death!
I actually do have a friend who is terrified of paper being flapped in her face because of the possibility of papercuts. Yes, she's weird. ;-)

8 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I kinda dig Orange Magazines!!

Cat. said...

I was going to say Orange EWs which DEFINITELY sounds terrifying.

(they're Entertainment Weeklys)

CountryDew said...

White cake with loads of frosting sounds really good. All this cake talk makes me want to get off my diet!

katie eggeman said...

That is one reason that I quit baking things, I would be the only one who would eat it and polish it off.

I am Harriet said...

I ordered a bunch of books too- this morning.

Anonymous said...

summer here has been really hot! especially these last couple of months. although i don't like the cold, i'm kinda wishing it would come already!

The Gal Herself said...

#6 -- that is one of the pitfalls of baking, isn't it? The smell of the batter just gets me every time.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Everyone is talking cake. *swoon* I love that stuff. And skateboards are a menace! I decided it wasn't worth the broken bones to learn to ride one.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.