Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Rubber Ducky (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is sung by Muppet Ernie. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Cookie Monster, or maybe Grover. I'm old-school.
2) Ernie became famous on PBS's Sesame Street. What public television shows do you watch?
I don't. Sorry--I'm very uncultured.
3) When you were a little kid, what was your favorite TV show?
I grew up before children's TV programming was really much of a thing. I liked the cartoon shows on weekday mornings when I was very little. After that...lots of other things grabbed my attention.
4) On Sesame Street, Ernie frequently teases his best friend Bert by stealing his nose. Do you enjoy practical jokes?
I'm not a huge fan, no.
5) Sesame Street creators developed carefree Ernie and serious Bert to show children that different types of people can be good friends. Think about your closest friend. Tell us how you two differ.
I'm picking one person. She's fairly quiet, except for the occasional inadvertent body sounds out of her control. She's very creative with crafts and good with numbers and likes to cook and bake. She's the only girl out of five kids in her family.
6) Bert and Ernie share a basement apartment on Sesame Street. Tell us about the basement of the building you're in right now.
That would be my house, which is currently full of a lot of random stuff, and the pool table is covered with folded and clean clothes that need to be brought upstairs.
7) Ernie and Bert were created by Jim Henson. In addition to being an accomplished puppeteer, Mr. Henson was also a talented cartoonist. Can you draw?
Very basic stick figures, and doodles.
8) Jim Henson made his first puppets himself using felt, foam rubber, string and rods -- all items that can be purchased at an arts and crafts store. When is the last time you shopped in an arts and crafts store?
Decades. Literally, decades. There really isn't one nearby, though I suppose in a pinch Michael's would qualify in which case about 2 years.
9) When is the last time you took a bath (as opposed to a shower)?
Earlier this week, actually. Before that, probably a month.

4 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You - uncultured? I think not... by lots... ;)

Kwizgiver said...

I like practical jokes that aren't mean or humiliating.

The Gal Herself said...

I think I'd like to be the only daughter in a family of sons (like your friend).

Cat. said...

My family is the exact reverse of hers: three girls, a boy, then another girl. I don't think it's much of a party for either "only" although as a child it would definitely be better to be the only girl, perhaps. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.