Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Celebrity Obsession

01. First Celebrity Obsession or Crush:
I'm not sure this was the very first, but I remember kissing David Cassidy's face on his record album, c. 1971.
02. Favorite Celebrity Encounter:
I haven't really had any, and that is 100% fine by me.
03. Most Cherished Celebrity Obsession
:
Hmm. This has proved hard to answer. The only person I'm coming up with is Patrick Stewart.
04. A celebrity you’d love to hang out with:

I think Kate Winslet would be an absolute hoot. Or Julia Roberts. They just seem like real people. Sandra Bullock, too.
05. A celebrity you’d love to sit down and have a conversation with
:
Well, any of the three above. Also The Edge. He doesn't get a lot of time with the press when he's with the band, and he's an interesting, smart guy.
06. An artist you’d like to see live:
Melissa Etheridge, but not in a stadium. I'd really like to see someone perform in a small venue.
07. A celebrity you respect purely for talent:
Keith Richards. He's hell to look at, but the man can play--and survive! Also on this list: Eric Clapton, Stephen King and Meryl Streep.
08. A celebrity you feel you’d be good friends with:
Since her name has come up, Meryl. We could discuss our kids. Among other things. Oh! And Melissa McCarthy! Yes, please--let's go eat somewhere good!
09. A celebrity you dislike that others seem to love:
SO many of these! I don't really understand the attraction of Channing Tatum, though I don't dislike him. OK, going with James Patterson. WTF, man, stop publishing so damn many books.
10. A celebrity you respect for what they’ve been through in life:
Michael Douglas comes to mind. I can't stand the man, but what a career he's had. However, he pales into invisibility next to Elie Wiesel. If I ever met him, I would probably burst into tears and be unable to speak.
11. A celebrity you share a birthday with:
My dad's favorite actress, after whose retirement he pretty much stopped going to the movies. She retired to marry royalty. Also, a very famous crazy person who has been in prison for 45 years without any chance of getting released. And finally, perhaps the most famous non-American gymnast in America was born just 2 years before me.
12. A celebrity you find annoying:
Pretty much anyone whose name starts with K. Which is a shame, since I really like the letter K and lots of people I know whose names start that way. You figure out who I mean: I'm not giving those idiots anymore fame.
13. Favorite under-20 celebrity:
I'll admit I had to Google this, because I couldn't actually come up with anyone. And then I thought of Willow and Jaden Smith. I don't know that much about them, but I do like their parents a lot. So...yeah.
14. Favorite over-60 celebrity:
Of course, here I don't need help, except in narrowing the list down! At the low end of the age span, Pierce Brosnan and Mark Harmon win. At the upper end: Betty White and Sidney Poitier. Can you see those last two on a date? OMG--to die for!
15. The celebrity “fandom” that means most to you:
I don't do fan clubs, or fandoms. Not since I got all buried in Next Generation stuff in the early 90s.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Good call on James Patterson!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.