Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Margaritaville (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song Jimmy sings of "booze in the blender." What do you prepare in your blender?
Milkshakes and fondue dips. Not at the same time.
2) As the song opens, Jimmy is sitting on his front porch swing. Describe the front porch of the building you're in right now.
We have a wonderful porch! Right now there's just a couple of (stacked) chairs and a small table on it--summer never really arrived for sitting out there; it was either too hot or too cold (mostly the latter). It's about 5 feet deep and runs the whole front of the house. Surrounded by bushes, recently trimmed.
3) Jimmy sings of being able to smell boiling shrimp. Do you prefer your shrimp boiled, glazed or breaded?
Not glazed. I like shrimp almost any way, including cold.
4) During the song, he mentions his flip flops. Have you put your flip flops and sandals away till spring? Or is it still warm enough to wear them?
I just did this morning. They may be retrieved, but most of the summer shoes are put away. Now I need to go get some new non-summer shoes.
5) Jimmy Buffett had hoped this song would be recorded by Elvis Presley, but The King died before he could perform it. What's the first Elvis song that comes to mind?
"Love Me Tender" [Ironically, perhaps: I'm watching "Flipping Las Vegas" right now...lol]
6) Buffett fans are known as Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?
The black capris and navy T I'm currently wearing. We're not going anywhere, and even if we did hit the store, this would be acceptable. My hair is kind of an issue however.
7) Loyal Parrotheads paid between $500 and $5000 to see Mr. Buffet at a fundraiser for Barack Obama's 2012 Presidential campaign. What's the most you would pay for a concert ticket?
I think my limit is probably $100 or so. And they'd better be good seats!
8) Jimmy is an outspoken environmentalist and supports causes like ocean conservation, saving the manatees and expanding the Dallas Zoo. What steps do you take to help save the planet?
We've been recycling paper/plastic/glass for our entire marriage. I try to reuse and upcycle most everything I buy, and I really REALLY don't like shopping, so buying loads of extra shit is not my thing. And I try to plan my driving to burn less gas but that's not always possible here.
9) Uh-oh. When Jimmy and the Coral Reefers played in Wisconsin this past August, more than two dozen concertgoers got tickets for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Do you believe pot should be legalized?
Yes, for cryin' out loud. They're talking about licensing a dispensary in my town though, so that's good. Though pot isn't legal without a prescription in this state, I'm hoping things change soon.

2 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Legalized pot is really a shot in the arm to the economy I hear

Kwizgiver said...

I'm so sad to put my summer sandals away.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.