Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Fun Fifteen

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
"Anywhere I haven't been," eh? OK, then: Hawaii it is.
2. Name your guilty pleasures.
Sugar. Candy, cookies, ice cream, cake, you name it; if it's made of sugar, I'm pretty much there.
3. The best kind of milkshake is:
Butterscotch, but I prefer a malt over a shake.
4. What do you value most in other people?
Humor.
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
You might want to check out #2 for a refresher. I don't usually bake cookies--and not just because I don't usually have cookie dough around.
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
Yes, so many times. The roughest times are also the times I've done a lot of learning and growing. Freshman year in college, 1000 miles from home and as homesick as it's possible to be having never been away from family more than a couple of nights, was a particularly steep learning curve.
7. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
Diametric opposites for a tie: the Rocky Mountains and the Aegean.
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
I'm pretty good at disconnecting emotions in a crisis, but I'm more of a feeler usually.
9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
Air conditioning, inspiring sermons at church, and afternoon naps during NASCAR races. Re the latter, there really isn't a better background noise than the engines of racecars on TV for sleeping.
10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
Oh my! Yes, I think? Has to be forty years ago though. Y'know, they really should put that in the Olympics--what a ticket-seller that would be!
11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
Of course I do: I'm a Midwesterner! I sing, too.
12. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law?
Uhm, I speed in my car every day. Much worse than that, though, not so much.
13. When was the last time you unintentionally surprised someone else?
I scared the living shit out of someone at work the other day: she leapt up and forward in her chair when I said her name. By the time, she'd pulled herself together and I'd stopped apologizing, I'd forgotten what I needed to ask her.
14. When was the last time you deliberately surprised someone else?
I can't remember. I think we did a party for someone this year sometime, but I can't remember details, not even the 'surprisee.'
15. What was the last really funny movie you watched?
I can't remember. We did catch most of "The War of the Worlds" (Tom Cruise, et al.) last weekend, but I can't think of a comedy we've watched.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I'm wicked jumpy so I would have been that poor woman in #13. I also squeal. And sometimes have a depends moment.

Stacy said...

Someone is always catching me off guard like that at work, but in my defense...who is wide awake with all brain cells firing at 5:30 in the morning?

katie eggeman said...

I guess catching some one off guard would be my answer too. I often get so engrossed in what I am doing that I will startle as well.

Cat. said...

OK then, that's one thing we're different about (finally!). I rarely jump, even though I'm usually wearing noise-suppression headphones when I'm at my desk in the workroom.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.