Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Storm
  1. What does your storm preparedness stuff look like?
    We've actually moved the weather radio into the basement, and we have flashlights everywhere, in every room of the house. We also now have a small generator than can power part of the house if/when we lose power overnight. Of course, since we got that sorted out, we haven't needed to use it.
  2. What kinds of storms make you the most uncomfortable?
    I'm really afraid of tornadoes, based primarily on where I live (in a cul de sac off of Tornado Alley), but also on living in windy places my entire life and having experienced at least 3 WAY-TOO-CLOSE-to-tornadoes storms. Blizzards, rain, lightning...those don't bother me--I always live in houses far above the highest water line around--but wind scares me shit- and witless.
  3. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without electricity, and what were the circumstances?
    Prior to the purchase of the generator, we had at least two periods over the course of 4 years that involved at least 3 nights without power. This is not good since Beast needs power to run his BiPap at night so he can sleep.
  4. What’s the worst damage a storm has done to your dwelling?
    I have been very fortunate to only have some dings in the siding of the homes I've lived in due to storms. But there is a reason I don't like big trees around my house; when we lived in a house with old, mature trees, I was anxious in every windstorm, especially since Sparky's bedroom would have been the one that received damage from any direction.
  5. What was the occasion for your last storming of the gates?
    I suppose the conversation by phone yesterday during which I ripped someone near and dear to me a new asshole might qualify as storming the gates. We'll see how long that sticks. It hasn't all the other times, but hope springs. And if it doesn't stick, this time I'm following through on what I said promised.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.