Monday, August 18, 2014

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What season causes you the most health problems?
I'm allergic to corn pollen and since I live in the World's Biggest Cornfield (a.k.a. the American midwest) this means late summer and early fall kinda suck. Otherwise, weather doesn't seem to bother my health much. I get the occasional cold in the winter, but otherwise...yeah. I get a flu shot every year to ensure that I don't get too sick. So, boring. Thank God!
2) I wish I could be like ________. This person is special because __________________.
There's a woman at my church named Fran who is a delightful woman. She's close to 90, maybe older, but she never fails to have kind, meaningful words to say to everyone regardless of age. There's nothing unctuous or sneaky about her, she just loves people, especially kids. And they love her. She has her share of health issues, and is getting more frail every time I see her, but her smile is beautiful. She's just amazing.
3) How many languages can you speak?
English fairly well, and Spanish poorly. I can struggle through reading a few others, but not well enough to speak.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo
Seems to be all about church today: we're having a Touch-a-Truck event in our parking lot in a couple of weeks including a couple of farm implements and a fire truck and some other smaller things. I don't know the connection between the event and church precisely, but it's fun and the kids love it. Beast and I pretty much stay as far as possible from the whole thing. ;-) Anyway, if you haven't seen a harvester or a combine lately, they are FREAKIN' HUGE. Like this thing, which I think is actually a construction vehicle of some kind.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.