Saturday, June 21, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. X is for XANTHOCYANOPSY: Do you or anyone in your family have color-blindness? If so, what color is the most difficult to see?
No color-blindness in my family. Or I guess nothing obvious; I have some doubts about my son's color identification skills.
2. X is for XANTHODONT: How quickly do you notice someone’s teeth? Is there such a thing as "too white?"
Yes, "too white" is absolutely possible, especially if the mouth they're in is over 50 years old. Teeth should fit the face, and blindingly bleached teeth are just bizarre.
3. X is for XENAGOGUE: If [you] had to serve as a "tour guide" for your hometown, how well do you think you’d do on a scale of 1 to 10?
I could do the town where I work, easy-peasy. The town where I grew up and the town where I live...I'm not sure there's much to say. One was an occasional hangout of Al Capone's, the other was home to the world's largest shopping mall for a decade or so. That's about it for those. My work-town is fairly well-known for being the filming location of a well-loved early-90s movie and the hometown of the writer of a long-time comic strip.
4. X is for XENODOCHEIONOLOGY: What do you love most about staying in a hotel?
Not having to clean up after myself, and the whole idea of not being at home, as in "Vacation!"
5. X is for XENOPHOBIA: Have you ever felt uncomfortable around a group of foreigners if you were outnumbered by them?
It wasn't so much that they were foreigners it was more that they were scary men making rude comments about me and my teenaged friends in a place we gringas should not have been wandering. Then there was the dude at the outdoor market in Samarkand who insisted that I try whatever he was selling--some cooked ... something ... which he'd sliced and held out on a sharp knife he kept waving at me. I tasted it. I didn't die from it (no memory of what it tasted like), and he was only being friendly. In a rather terrifying way.
6. X is for XU: How many foreign coins or paper bills do you own?
I have a large piggy bank that has a LOT of foreign currency in it that I've collected over the years: rubles, yuan, euros, pounds, lire, pesos, marks...and some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.