Saturday, January 25, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. D is for DALLY: What activity causes you to waste the most time in your day?
Uh, Facebook? Hands down? Mostly the games, but also catching up with what people have posted. I have re-re-committed to cooling it with the games, but I suspect that vow will be broken.
2. D is for DANCE: Do you enjoy dancing in public, and how often do you do so?
No, I used to feel like a spastic giraffe. Now I feel like an elephant with asthma. So, no dancing in public for me. Even when I was in college I rarely danced, UNLESS I was somewhat inebriated. That was my excuse when the Russian sailor asked me to dance in Irkutsk, too.
3. D is for DECAF: Do you get a genuine buzz from coffee and if so, how many cups per day is your limit?
I don't drink coffee. Going without my diet caffeinated pop is an absolutely horrible thought, however. I probably have about 6-8 cups of that going in a day (so, like, 3-4 12-oz bottles).
4. D is for DISK: What was the size, in inches, of the floppy disk most commonly in use when you got your first computer: 8”, 5.25”, or 3.5” or were floppies already out of use?
I think we just missed the 8" disks by less than a couple of years. We still have 5" floppies around here, and some 3.5" ones. My husband used to make the rings in the center of the 5" disks--hub rings--in the late 80s. Yes, niche market. He has moved on, of course.
5. D is for DORMITORY: How much appeal did you or would you have seen in living in a dormitory in college?
I never realized how easy dorm life was in comparison with "real life" until I was done with college. I lived in the same room for three years of college, and moved down the hall to a single my senior year. Freshman year was awful: I was homesick, used to crashing at 10 p.m. and sleeping 8 straight hours, and unused to sharing a room. But making friends was SO FREAKIN' EASY: open your door and people just stopped in all the time. I still miss that, and it's 28 years since I graduated! However, I do not miss the noise at midnight, nor the frequent and regular drunkenness and results of that in the communal bathroom.
6. D is for DRIVE-THROUGH: What's the last restaurant you purchased food from via its drive-through?
We drove through at BK after braving Saturday afternoon at the grocery store today. As I told Beast, that's the traditional reward for grocery shopping.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.