Friday, January 24, 2014

From Teh Gerb

It doesn't happen often, but Amy snagged a meme before me.

If you could write a daily column in any newspaper of your choice, which would it be and why?
Daily column? Wow, that's a lot of words every week. Can't I work for a weekly paper? If so, then I'm pretty sure I could get a gig at the one here in town.
What is your favourite type of cheese? Have you ever been afraid to eat cheese before bed in case you got nightmares?
Have you seen the Wallace & Gromit shorts? I'm definitely Wallace when it comes to cheese. I love pretty much any hard cheese out there. Not a fan of runny cheese, or really smelly cheese.
Are you happy? If not, when were you last happy?
I'm not unhappy. I'd be happier if it wasn't winter, but in general I would rate myself content.
Many families have been on camping trips at some point, tell us about one of your tent/caravan experiences.
I hate camping. Hard ground, wild animals scuffling around outside the tent, cold, lack of a bathroom...yuck. Seriously, almost every time I've camped, I've been cold. One time, we were sleeping on a platform Beast constructed in the back of our pickup and I was so cold I got INSIDE the cab and ran the engine for the heat and slept sideways.

As a kid, my family went to Yellowstone one summer. My parents and I shared a tent/cabin. I was cold all night, the people in the other half of the tent came back late, drunk, and were loud for an hour or more before passing out. Mom AND Dad snored. Unevenly. And, COLD! In the summer.

My favorite (hah!) camping story is the last time we went camping. It was a church retreat kind of thing, in August. We were within 60 yards of a camping restroom/shower building, so the plumbing thing wasn't an issue. It wasn't a very warm day, and as night came on I realized it was going to be quite chilly. I put on every single article of clothing I'd brought: three layers of shirts, two pairs of socks, sweats over jeans, and my coat and crawled into my sleeping bag. Beast and I huddled together and he soon zonked out. After about 45 minutes I started thaw out in a couple of areas, but by then I had started to notice the rocks under the pad. And then the people in the next campsite started whooping it up. Finally at midnight, after lying there for close to two hours and having pretty much given up hope of ever sleeping again, the neighbors calmed down. ...and then I realized I had to go the bathroom. Once that feeling appear, sleep is done, no? So, I unwrapped, groped around for my shoes, staggered across the landscape with my shaky pencil flashlight, peed (and was blinded by the electric light in the bathroom), staggered back, removed the shoes, tried to get myself back in my bag (in a two-person tent--did I mention that?), unzipped it the whole way because I'd rucked up my clothes beyond any chance of sleep, rearranged, zipped up again, rolled over and bruised my pelvis on a rock (ow!), snuggled back against Beast--who was asleep for ALL OF THIS (so was Sparky), and then shivered until I dozed off at about 2. I was up by 6. It was raining: cold, drizzly, misty, nasty rain. I was miserable the whole time.
Do the personality test here and copy & paste your results.
I'm ISFJ, and I'm not pasting the results, but you can go read them. It's fairly accurate.
What do you wear to sleep in? How do you feel about sleeping naked?
I wear pajamas. Sleeping naked feels weird to me, except in the hottest parts of the summer.
Do you have any secrets from your parents? Give examples.
Not anymore. I figure they know it all now, and probably couldn't care less.
What were your favourite toys to play with as a kid?
Jumprope, jacks, board games, dolls (when I was very young), cars.
Do you like girls or guys? i.e. what is your sexuality?
Straight.
Send me three names for ‘fuck, marry, kill’.
So, I had no idea what this was, and honestly, I find it a little creepy. Pass.
Have you done anything you’re really ashamed of?
Of course. After completing 5 full decades, I've done plenty of things I'm ashamed of. I'm quite ashamed of being such a big pushover in so many ways.

2 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

How strong are your S & J elements?

F***/Marry/Kill was the main reason I chose to answer this survey. Aren't we a great contrast, you and me? :)

Cat. said...

Most of my results on the personality thingy were towards the middle range, except the S which was about a third to half way out. I didn't screenshot the results as I should've, so I'm working from memory here.

As for F/M/K...there are a few people lined up for that last spot, but only in my imagination. Apparently you and me, we complete each other. lol

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.