Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
New Year's Eve Reflection Meme

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
The birth of my niece's son, which goes a long way towards clearing the memories of horror from 2006. Plus, he's freakin' adorable!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Beast's problems.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Finding out how many friends I have.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Myself.
5. Pick three words to describe 2013.
"Glad it's over."
6. What were the best books you read this year?
I haven't really sat down to do this yet. I'm working on six books right now, and hoping to finish at least a couple of them before Jan. 1. I usually do an end-of-year compilation of things on my book blog. Stay tuned for that on Tuesday.
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Beast, Sparky, Vicki, and all of the miscellaneous friends I called and/or texted in the midst of Incredibly Stupid.
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Detaching. Still working on it.
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I've worked really hard on not taking things personally. I'm by no means perfect at it yet, but there is improvement.
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I'm not sure I did. I've really enjoyed Bible Study on Wednesdays, but there have sure been a lot of very lonely times where I'm not feeling God's presence.
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Well, I actually lost weight in the first half of the year, and gained an awful lot of it back in the last couple of months. So...yeah.
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
Just the recognition of them, I guess.
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work?
Being immersed in cataloging, starting to finally get a solid handle on RDA (even though I still think it's stupid as hell), and having a new boss who is fun, smart, and challenging.
14. What was the most challenging part of your work?
Well, the boss part (I need to read ahead, I really do) has had some bumps. Dealing with individual patrons and/or staff members has been fraught at times. And just ongoing frustration over staffing limitations is annoying.
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Facebook games. I'm so addicted....
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Reading, and going to meetings.
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That I can't, and shouldn't, try to fix every problem. Some of them aren't mine to deal with.
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.
I'm not creating this, just borrowing it from Queen Elizabeth: annus horribilis.

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yes, thank God it's over. I really liked your answers, especially 18. No, people need to deal with their own sttttuffff. Great answer.

Happy New Year. May it be better than 2013.

Kwizgiver said...

#17 is something I work on.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.