- Have you ever baked bread from scratch?
I used to do this regularly, then I sort of ... stopped. No idea why. I keep thinking about doing it again, but then I don't.
- If we decided to have lunch on the porch, and you so kindly volunteered to fix it (thank you), what would you serve?
Probably cheese, bread and wine, and a lot of laughter. I don't do so well with overly-planned meals as a rule.
- Show us, or tell us about your key chain (the thing you have on your car or house keys).
It's a 5-inch metal ring that used to have a whistle on it, 20 years ago. The whistle never worked and was removed long ago, but it's big enough to hang on doorknobs, or gearshifts, and too big to lose, and I love it. Right now it's out in the car (in the garage), and I'm not going out to take a picture of it.
- Have you ever tried a challenging or dangerous sport? No. I don't mean rush hour traffic, but I understand the confusion. :)
Nope. I always wanted to parachute, and I'd still go ballooning if I could, but the days of intentionally putting myself into dangerous situations are over.
- Have you ever written poetry? If not, have you ever had anyone write a poem for you? If you aren't happy with this question, we'll even accept a "Roses are red..." poem.
I have written a few poems in my life, but not recently. It requires time and dedication and a sort of "floaty" frame of mind that I find myself hard-pressed to manage these days. Instead, I will leave you with my dad's favorite bit of doggerel (by Dixon Lanier Merritt); I heard this poem at least 5 times a year growing up and my mom always shushed and frowned at the swearing.
A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican,
He can fit in his beak
Enough food for a week
But I don't know how in the helican!
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
(Link in meme-roll)