Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blogthings

You Forgive and Forget
Life's too hard to hold grudges, so you try [my emphasis] to get over being wronged as quickly as you can.

Those around you may or may not deserve your forgiveness, but you deserve the peace of letting go.

Of course, if someone wrongs you enough, you may not allow that person in your life any longer. But you will still try to forgive.

For you, forgiving is about moving on and wiping the slate clean... not about letting someone hurt you over and over again.

In general, you wish we lived in a more compassionate and merciful world.
You do believe that most people can change.

Some may consider forgiveness a sign of weakness, but you know that it is often the strongest move you can make.
Forgiveness is good. I'm not always good at it, and I always hear Mrs. B's words--"forgive and forget"--when I'm upset. I can usually, eventually, get to the first, but I don't forget when you've pissed me off.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.