Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Weird Question Meme, Part Two

What is your ring size?
I haven't the foggiest. I think when I got my original wedding and engagement rings they were around size 7. I've resized them once, so they're at least an 8 now.
How often do you wear jewelry?
I always have rings on (wedding, engagement, and either my mom's turquoise or my anniversary ring), and usually earrings. In the summer, I have a toe ring on all the time, unless I'm wearing tight shoes. Occasionally I remember to grab a necklace.
When was the last time you consumed alcohol?
I had a couple of V&Ts last night. First alcohol in weeks.
Any big plans for the summer?
Not really. Anniversary in a few weeks. I'm on backup labor-coach-duty at the end of July. My overseas brother-in-law is coming for a conference in Montreal so he's included a couple of weeks prior to that to see the family; he'll be here at the end of September. The local schools start back on August 15, so I'll be headed back to volunteering at the school library around then too. We're sort of targeting our birthdays for a big trip.
What is your favorite comfort food?
Macaroni and cheese with iced sugar cookies for dessert.
Do you prefer broccoli or asparagus?
Broccoli is way more versatile. Asparagus has to be done just right or it's awful.
What color are your bedroom walls?
Sky blue on three of them, sandy brown on the other.
With whom do you live?
I live with Beast, when he's not on a business trip, and Ruka and Pinto the (guinea) piggies. Sparky is home for about 20 hours for Father's Day right now.
Which Star Wars movie is your favorite?
The first one, from 1977. The rest bore the pants off of me, especially the sequels/prequels.
How about Harry Potter?
Wow, uhm...I like the whole series. I guess my favorite would probably be the second or third, before things go completely dark. Basically, before Umbridge. She was horrible; the movies don't do her justice at all.
What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
We went and saw the latest Star Trek flick a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good.
Did you get the popcorn or candy?
For a change, we only got popcorn (and pop).
What is the most romantic text in your inbox?
...er, beyond the g'byes, which usually include an exchange of "love you"s, I can't find one. We don't really 'do' romantic.
Have you ever played miniature golf on a date?
The mental picture here is astoundingly funny. On a date? With tiny clubs? No water hazards or sand traps, just sticky 'greens'?
I probably did go on a mini-golf date, but I don't honestly remember. I know we have mini-golfed together after getting married--does that count as a date still?
What's a phrase you overuse?
"Aaact-chullee..." Every damn day.
Do you always use good grammar?
Nope. Sometimes I just don't give two shits.
Do you have an accent or a speech impediment?
Lol, what a question! We all have an accent. Mine changes regularly--I've recently learned that some of that is called "Code Switching." I also tend to stutter when I'm tired or excited. Then there's the fact that sometimes I don't pay attention to how the words coming out of my mouth are going to sound until they're out and I'm mortified.
What did you eat today?
So far, a couple of handfuls of cheddar flavored mini rice cakes and 8 glazed donut holes. Washed down with a can of diet Dr. Pepper. Of course.
What do you do at work?
Try to keep out of trouble and stay awake, if one were to judge by this past week. Mostly, I stare at MARC records looking for mistakes to fix, adding content when necessary, and exporting from OCLC to our catalog. Also, writing call numbers in books, counting them all as I go for statistics. That's the part of my job I like (usually). Then there's the "[Cat.], this isn't checking out for the right period!", [Cat.], this doesn't show up in the catalog right!", [Cat.], can you add a heading for the series?" and questions/problems like that. Also, emails about people having placed orders that need to be downloaded into our catalog and into our On-Order list. Let's not forget the director stopping by to ask how/why/when questions (Thursday it was because of the directors' meeting on Friday--what did he need to discuss about future catalog changes). Occasionally, someone from Reference will call and ask if I can help, either with a specific question or for me to come back them up. Hmm...there's always email and RSS feeds to catch up on, assorted random-but-regular tasks to deal with, and gossip to be shared. And I'm usually have an IM window open with Beast all day, unless he's on the road. ← All of which clarifies for me why Twitter does NOT work for me--I'm already too fragmented
Do you know the rules to any sports?
Well, yeah, as a matter of fact, I do. Except cricket. Cricket rules are way too complicated for me. But I'm pretty clear on football (American) and baseball. I can follow hockey, basketball, volleyball and most track-and-field events too. Golf baffles me, though I understand the general idea. NASCAR, well, I mostly understand, except every track seems to have it's own set of special rules about pit speed and the bottom yellow line.
Do you prefer to watch or play sports?
What do you think, at this stage of my life? I'm a watcher.
What is your favorite kind of hat to wear?
Cowboy. But not around here: I'd look a right moron.
Do you pray?
Yes. I'm currently reading Anne Lamott's Help Thanks Wow and realizing that those are sometimes the only words that are needed. I do the 'formal' form of praying, and sometimes it's just a "Hey God!" prayer. One of our youth group members always started her prayers that way.
To whom do you pray?
God, Jesus, Spirit, whoever-it-is-in-control-of-this-mess. Occasionally my dad or grandparents or sisters. I know, the latter is somewhat heretical, but sometimes I just want a hug from one of them.
What is the closest mountain to your house?
Define "mountain." There is a ski hill about 20 minutes north of us, but it's pathetic. I think the nearest actual mountain--a mountain that I consider a mountain, not a less-flat high place--is probably at least 500 miles away. This is why sometimes I bloody well hate it here!
What size engine is in your vehicle?
Beast says it's a 4-banger, a big one. Drives like at least a 6.
What do you need to do tomorrow?
Go to work: looks like I get to spend 12-1 at the Reference Desk, but the rest of the time I'm hoping to plod through more of the cataloging backlog. I also need to make appointments for the exams my doc wrote orders for over a month ago, and pick up Sparky's contacts.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I never considered NASCAR having rules. I could not quite get the hang of Snooker and cricket rules, either.

I am Harriet said...

I cannot remember the last time I had a doughnut hole. There is probably a good reason for that too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets snarky with these. I think my snarkitude tends to scare people.

jennifer anderson said...

I'm a diet dr. pepper regular. it's so popular here sometimes the shelves are empty of it at walmart and the dollar general.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.