Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Mama Told Me (Not to Come)

1) This song is about a lad who didn't take his mother's advice and attended the wild party anyway (hear it here). When you were young, did your parents approve of your friends? If you're a parent yourself, how have you handled it when your kids start hanging around with friends you're not crazy about?
My parents pretty much liked all my friends, except Teri. My mom thought she was a schemer. Then again, they thought W was a good guy; they didn't know he smoked pot and drank every weekend...with his mom's knowledge! I stayed out of my son's friend-making. He isn't really that gregarious, but most of the friends he has had have been great kids. No complaints.
2) A 2010 poll named Marge Simpson of The Simpsons the most popular TV mom of all time. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) mother?
Ma Ingalls, of course!
3) Crazy Sam's mother is a big fan of The National Enquirer. As she likes to say, "They were right about John Edwards!" Do you read the tabloids? Cast a guilty glance at them when you're in line at the store? Or ignore them altogether?
I don't read the newspaper-y ones, but I grab a handful of junky mags whenever I travel.
4) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?
Warm ginger ale and dry toast. Peppermint helps too; I start with peppermint gum before I hit Tums or Pepcid.
5) Thinking of guts ... When making decisions, do you tend to consider all the options carefully or do you "go with your gut"?
I am gut-driven.
6) Spring is here! Do you have a green thumb?
If I tried, I probably could develop one, but I'll never be able to compete with my mom in this area, so I'm not motivated. I have, however, managed to keep about 5 plants going for at least year though.
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?
No. It's down in the 30s at night again this weekend. The winter clothes never totally go away. I've needed sweatshirts in August. Yay, Upper Midwest!
8) After you lather and rinse, do you repeat?
Depends on how filthy my hair was when I started. Usually not.
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away Hershey bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Almonds, please. Some redeeming value along with the sugar, at least.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.