Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Twist and Shout

1) In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ferris climbs up on a parade float and enthusiastically lip synchs this song, encouraging the entire crowd to join in. Do you know the lyrics of "Twist and Shout" well enough to sing along? (Watch the impossibly young Matthew Broderick as Ferris here.)
Of course I do--it was a constant at weddings for many years, back when people our age were getting married. Don't know if it still is or not.
2) What other Beatles' song do you know all the words to?
Most of them. Keep in mind I was born when Kennedy was President; I grew up on the Beatles.
3) 49 years after their American debut, The Beatles are acknowledged as having a lasting impact on both music and culture. What performers on today's music scene do you think will be remembered 50 years from now?
If we're talking about "current" as in ruling the Top 40, I wouldn't even want to guess. I hope Bruno Mars doesn't burn out. I'd like Pink to hang around too.
4) Paul McCartney is an enthusiastic advocate of the vegetarian lifestyle. Could you/have you tried to "go veggie?"
Nope and nope. I just ate a couple of slices of flank steak, in fact. Moo!
5) As a young boy, Ringo Starr suffered a severe attack of appendicitis and almost died. Do you still have your appendix? What about your tonsils?
My appendix is gone, but my tonsils have managed to survive intact.
6) John Lennon sketched and doodled when he was bored or nervous. Do you have any nervous habits?
I bite my cuticles, and my nails a bit. And I tend to talk too much.
7) George Harrison loved Hawaii so much he bought a 63-acre estate in Maui. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
Not yet!
8) Yoko Ono was a polarizing character in the Beatles' saga. Has any of your friends ever dated/married someone you just could not stand?
Yup. My roommate and best friend in college ended up married to a guy who is...not my idea of pleasant. My other college bestie is also married to a guy I could easily never talk to again. I suspect they won't be together forever, however.
9) Paul has had dogs his entire adult life, including a sheepdog, Martha, and a black lab, Jet. John was especially fond of a cat named Elvis and a tomcat he found in the snow and named Tim. Tell us about one of your pets.
Hmmm, my parents bought me a dog when I was ten and was no longer going to be going to a sitter after school. He was a terrier mix, about 20 pounds fully grown, and put up with a lot being "my dog." He was awesome fun. Even my dad like him, feeding him popcorn and apple cores. I sure miss having a dog around...sigh

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

You speak so affectionately about your dog and remember the details -- like popcorn and apple cores. I hope that someday you're able to have another dog in your life.

Kwizgiver said...

I wish I could have a dog. I'm particularly fond of French Bulldogs.

I {heart} Rhody said...

Greetings from a fellow omnivore!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.