Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Text Conversations with Beast Over the Past Year or So
(I'm cleaning out my phone, and these are the messages from Beast worth saving -- to me anyway!)
  1. {pre-blizzard} 
    2/[...]/11

    0833 C: I wouldn't be surprised if we close early but I'm leaving @3 regardless.
    1057 C: Weather update just posed [sic] that [airport] has canceled 1100 flights already. [Other airport] has canceled 100.
    1208 C: Decision has been made: library closing @5 today. Opening @12 tomorrow unless we just can't. I told [boss] i am following [school district]'s call either way.
    1543 C: The boy is home safe & sound. And all [school district] activities are canceled from now thru tomorrow.

  2. {blizzard}
    2/[...]/11
    0738 C: Hiya. Just emailed some pictures to u. Slept ok even though the room kept shaking. Still have power, net & TV. Sorry u hadda do the speed thing Yuck.
    0745 C: I didnt [sic] hear any thunder over the wind. But just saw TWC guy freak out on tapefrom [sic] last night. Lol
    0751 C: Winds right now NNW36. [Interstate] from [city in which we used to live] to [our] state line is "impassable."
    0757 B: Just got the pics - a little windy, eh?
    0757 B: How high is that drift in front of the garage?
    0758 B: Love the pic of the front steps. Wow
    0803 C: (1/2) Yeah snow BETWEEN screen & glass on most windows. Drift by garage is prob 30" in places. Hard to see cuz of snow in screen. Driveway markers only showing (2/2) abt 6" above snow. More pix on Fb btw if u want to brave it on that puter

  3. {Comcast came to fix Beast's work internet connection, while I do other stuff}
    2/14/11

    1705 C: Wow that was a very quick trip! [Sparky]'s waiting to get the lenses out and do some practicing. Is ur modem working right again?
    1707 B: Nope. The Comcast dude said everything was good once he replaced the modem, but it's still kicking out every 5-10 minutes - sometimes less
    1741 B: Is he getting it yet? I can only imagine his frustration. And then, when they are inserted, they feel like these huge rocks.
    [C.: No]
    1753 B: Sry for u. Pretty much hanging back and letting them deal, for the most part - r u?

  4. {Beast, leaving on a business trip}
    2/28/11

    1249 B: Just finishing up a sandwich and getting ready 2 leave. Later start than I wanted but ur doing Dad's stuff is really gonna help. Thanks again!!! Luv ya!!
    1834 B: I can finally see the little emoticons with these glasses. Never could really make them out since I got this phone.....

  5. {yes, we are quite random sometimes}
    3/3/11

    1547 B: Ok. Just finished up. Good review. 2.3% increase; just a bit above ave. $15 bonus. Can talk more tonite. Have a 2 hour-ish run 2 get 2 the hotel
    1806 C: Ok. They r trying to clear the capital [sic] right now.

  6. {I total my truck}
    3/21/11

    0807 B: From the time I came up around midnite until my alarm went off I was dead asleep for the first time in a long time. Coulda slept longer. How'd u sleep?
    1850 B: What I am most thankful 4 is that u and [Sparky] r ok, and that nobody else was hurt either. "Stuff" can be replaced. We r headed 2 dinner. How long will u b up?
    1853 C: Yes indeed. I kinda fell apart on [Sparky] after getting off the phone w u. Am ok now...
    Will be up till 930 at the earliest.

  7. {On an airplane heading out on another business trip}
    3/24/11

    1537 B: Heh. Will trrryyyy. Sssssooooooo sleeeeeeeeepyyyyyyy...............
    1553 B: There are some UGLY mouthfuls of teeth getting on
    1815 B: My right ear is fubar. All plugged and cant [sic] hear squat

  8. {My new (used) car}
    3/30/11

    1909 B: Hey. I have secured several copies of the Herald for Dad, [Sparky], us, and a couple extras. FYI
    1933 C: Forgot to mention that that cd player is really touchy in the car. Tried another book and it skips over the slightest scratch. :(

  9. {more randomisty, Chez Us} 
    4/7/11

    0959 B: Gotta luv [LAX] - a dood waiting for this flight is strumming away on his guitar.
    Gray-haired guy in a suitcoat. Modern-day hippy [sic], I guess
    2031 C: Lol. Hey was messing around online and found unclaimed funds in ur mom's name.

  10. {death in the family}
    5/4/11

    1647 C: Ok short version: dad is ok. He said he was sort of expecting this. He shooed me out and said he'd talk to u after dinner. I told Mercia too just in case. Ok?
    2100 B: Just talked 2 [his cousin] - visitation is Friday night 5-8, and the funeral is noon Sat. I think he said Elks after for a meal. Still at restaurant - fyi

  11. {my workplace nightmare}
    6/17/11

    1205 C: [IT guy at work] is having problems w transferring my email
    1205 B: And all ur to[-]dos, 2?
    1208 C: Yeah its [sic] a mess. None of my tasks none of my contacts none of my folders ... He says it may bw [sic] taking a longtime [sic] to download.

  12. {Church-related youth mission trip}
    6/22/11

    1002 C: How goes urgent care so far?
    1010 C: Oh boy the joy the fun eh? We're picking up shrub trimmings!
    1108 C: Now on weeding duty w half the crew. What's up w u guys?
    1109 B: Still here waiting on lab tests. Sarah from YW came over to sit with us.
    1134 B: It's mono
    1152 C: Crapppppppp
    1206 B: She's staying here the rest of today. We r working out details, both with yw and Karen. Will call u when we get sorted
    1210 C: Ok... Sounds good. A[...] called Karen already. And then went to climb a tree. :-o

  13. {we are TOTALLY random}
    7/5/11

    1413 C: Yup. I think it shld be 'not proven' but BJ [R]aji says [on Twitter] "...not guilty? But Michael Vick goes to jail?" goodish point. ... Is it supposed to rain up there?
    1600 B: Neener
    1735 C: Oh i figured out the weird charge on the Visa: Seagate. I think?
    1739 C: Memeo? It's something u added to my computer that's why i 'remembered' -- it was asking abt updates.
    1840 B: I can report the rest areas up here are still closed. But the state cops r working
    1930 C: Heh. Didn't hear ur msg. And [Sparky] just talked to Car[...]; he'll be @ the old church @ 10 tomorrow. Fyi.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.