Monday, December 26, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday 7

Name seven notable people who died in 2011 who you’d most like to bring back long enough for a conversation over coffee. [The reality of things is that, with one exception, I'd be more likely to sit down in a bar with most of these people, not a Starbucks.]
  1. Geraldine Ferraro--of course; she is sort of my political hero in the vaguest sense possible.
  2. Jack Kevorkian--just to say thanks.
  3. Fred Shuttlesworth--how did you keep your sanity, focus and self-worth throughout the bad times?
  4. Betty Ford--thank you (and yeah, let's hit Starbucks, eh?)
  5. Clarence Clemons--I mostly want a hug from him, an eminently huggable and agreeable man, I think.
  6. Wangari Maathai--tell me about your life...
  7. Svetlana Alliluyeva--so, communism, or not? Love your dad, or not? Russia, or U.S.?
But I'd also love to chat with more than that, so this is my backup list in case some of the first 7 aren't available. ;-)
  1. Bil Keane--yes, I enjoyed his funnies.
  2. Joe Frazier--not that I'm a big boxing fan, but I always respected the man.
  3. Harry Morgan--one of those actors who just seemed approachable and good-hearted.
  4. David "Honeyboy" Edwards--tell me about your early years when you were pigeon-holed a 'race music' performer.
  5. Bubba Smith--gotta have a football player in the mix, and I always liked Bubba.
  6. Vaclav Havel--mostly, I'd just shake his hand and gawp.
  7. Sherwood Schwartz--I love Gilligan's Island. And the stories he could tell about that show + The Brady Bunch...!
  8. Chris Hitchens--uhm, setting myself up here to feel stupid, but the man was brilliant. And when he got things wrong, he REALLY got things wrong, just as brilliantly as when he got them right.
  9. Jeff Conaway--Gibbs' smack and a hug for the wasted (literally and figuratively) years.
  10. Ernesto Sabato--have to have an author, and I picked him because I haven't read much by him, though I want to.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.