Saturday, December 17, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Follow-up to a question from Episode 37: What is your least favorite Christmas dessert?
Not a fan of mincemeat or Christmas pudding. Or fruitcake. Or most combinations of mint + chocolate.
2. Follow-up to a question from Episode 39: Which cartoon that was popular when you were a child could you just not get into?
Smurfs. Strawberry Shortcake. Actually, I was never into cartoons that much at all.
3. Follow-up to a question from Episode 40: What’s the most embarrassing cell phone ringtone that you've heard someone else’s phone play?
Hmm, there've been so many...circus music, weird songs that people the age of the person owning the phone should know better than to use, guinea-pig meeping (that's not embarrassing, but it makes me and Beast swivel our heads)...anything really LOUD in the library....
4. Follow-up to a question from Episode 44: When you're having a bad day or you're in a bad mood, which song best keeps you in that bad mood or makes it that much worse?
I don't normally listen to music to keep me in a bad mood, but pretty much anything by Rush will cause crankiness. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones can, at times, sustain an angry mood for awhile, and the song "I Hate Everything About You" works as well for that.
5. Follow-up to a question from Episode 48: What was the first time that you remember truly feeling like an adult?
Shopping for boring stuff like furnaces or talking about escrow, much less knowing what escrow actually is. Oh, and when we bought life insurance--at 23--that was pretty adult-y too, but in a good way.
6. Follow-up to a question from Episode 52: When someone first walks into a room, what is the first thing you tend to notice about that person?
Height, which is tied to presence; short people can look big if they have the right personality, and vice-versa. It's really about 'presence.'

3 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

For some reason I'm not inspired to actually do this one, but I really want to answer the questions, too. Just so you can see them.
1. Pete's mom used to make plum pudding, which (from what I could tell) included no plums, and was used primarily as a vehicle for the ingestion of "hard sauce" (which was neither solid nor alcoholic, just VERY sweet). I never developed a taste for it; it was featured every year as the only alternative to her "low-fat, low-sugar pecan pie." That woman....
2. Anything where something became something else. Monsters are now trucks? WTF?
3. Britney, et al., on a grown man's phone. When you look embarrassed by what your own electronics are putting forth, change them.
4. Limp Bizkit, Audioslave, Metallica. The Spinners, sometimes, if it's the right kind of bad mood.
5. When someone I didn't know used "Mrs." toward me for the first time. It never, ever felt like they were really talking to me, and I always felt like I was faking that. Combined with all the rest of the things I felt guilty for at that point (when I was barely 21), that was an awkward time.
6. Eyes. Whether they're making eye contact with the person or people who are the focus of their attention. Whether they're wearing sunglasses indoors. Whether they're rubbing their forehead or wiping their eyes or scratching their brow, or doing any of the other dozens of things that we do to hide our eyes, when we're hiding ourselves.

Cat. said...

It makes me nervous to think about what I look like, where my eyes are, when I enter a room with you in it! :-)

Transformers...huh...I know some boys, specifically one boy, who LOVED his Transformers... He's 38 now. lol

amy said...

I was thinking about one boy, who remains a boy, who is 38 now, when I wrote that.

Your eyes are just fine, love.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.