Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
You Were Meant For Me

1. Have you ever felt that you were “made” for someone or some purpose?
There are those moments in life that feel as if you were in the precise right place, or precisely the perfect person, to handle something unusual. Sometimes it feels like God (or whatever your 'thing' is) plucked you out of Real Life and plopped you in front of something that was created just to show you how important you are. Sometimes you don't see how perfect a set-up things were until later. I don't really believe in "soulmates." I do think it's pretty obvious that I was made to be Sparky's mom in all the non-physical and obvious ways. He has taught me so much; I hope I've done half as well by him.
2. What do you do when you have a problem that you can't do anything about it?
My life is full of unsolvable problems; whose isn't? If it is minutiae, I just vent to good friends. If it's important, I ponder (otherwise known as 'stewing'). I try to hand all the situations over to God, though I find this difficult and despair of myself sometimes.
3. If marijuana were to be legalized, do you think it should be taxed?
Well, wouldn't that be the whole POINT of legalization at this stage? I mean, it's fairly readily available already. Not that I currently use it; just sayin'.
4. What is one thing you should never do on a first date?
Order spaghetti or ribs at the restaurant.
5. If someone (at gunpoint) forced you to receive a portrait tattoo of someone, who would it be?
Assuming I have one handy, I'd go with the photo of my son at 2 years old. He was fuckin' adorable!
6. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
Gonna be a busy day. And I expect I'm going to be a wreck because of today's busy-ness. This weekend is not looking at ALL relaxing. Fun, though.
7. Anything fabulous happen to you last night?
"Fabulous"? Nnnnooooo...? Beast and I had a nice dinner out, talked about everything under the sun, watched Bill Maher... I don't think I obsessed about work too much--nice change, that--and...oh yeah, my sister called, by accident, on Skype. We had a good chat. That was nice. I told her about The Guide to Sleeping at Airports. It was germane.
8. For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring?
I sorta like the big payout at the end, but financially it makes more sense to adjust things. In fact, this is one of last night's topics; I do need to ask my employer to take a little more out of my check.
9. When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
I was pretty nervous all week about whether Sparky's cartooning club would get their act together in time to create something for today's event at the library. We (Beast & I--well, ok, just me, really) sponsored them @ $100 to create a 'hole' on the miniature golf course at my library. They did an outstanding job!

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Never knew about that guide. Sounds interesting.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/when-was-the-last-time-you-had-butterflies-in-your-stomach/

annies home said...

yes I agree money maker marijauana

Kwizgiver said...

I think it's really cool that your son's in a cartooning club! And that you had different sponsors for different holes.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.