Sunday, October 17, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday 7
Name seven TV moms you’re glad you didn’t have as your real mom.
  1. Ironically, the lead is the reason for the question: June Cleaver (Leave It to Beaver)
  2. Harriet Nelson (Ozzie & Harriet)
  3. Margaret Anderson (Father Knows Best)
  4. Donna Reed
  5. Jane Jetson
  6. Edith Bunker
  7. Peg Bundy (Married With Children)
All absolutely HORRIBLE role models for daughters! Who the hell vacuums in heels and pearls?! Thank you God for not cursing me with a spineless, cookie-baking, living-through-her-offspring mother!!

My choices for Super Moms (or at least Realistic Moms):
  1. Lucy Ricardo (and all her other iterations)
  2. Samantha Stevens
  3. Morticia Addams
  4. Shirley Patridge
  5. Carolyn Ingalls
  6. Ann Romano
  7. Marge Simpson
I should add that, for the most part, I only chose moms in shows I've actually watched.

2 sweet-talkers :

Patrick said...

Ha! An interesting take! Thanks for sharing!

Kwizgiver said...

I love your list of good moms... I've seen all those shows, too!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.