Saturday, May 22, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Would you describe your desk as generally cluttered or generally neat?
I try for general neatness at work at least. At home, my desk is pretty much always a mess. I just can't get a handle on it for more than a day or two. At work, I have to have some organization in order to get stuff done, but lately I just don't have time to clear things, so my work space gets smaller everyday. It's making me nuts, along with everything else at work.
2. There’s the old saying about one’s clutter being "organized" just where he can find everything: considering the most cluttered part of your workspace, can you really find everything easily?
At work, yes. At home, absolutely NOT. i can't find anything I need on a regular basis anymore.
3. You have an important appointment to remember: where’s the first place you’re likely to make note of it: on a desk calendar, your computer, or your phone?
I put it on my calendar. My paper calendar. I use something similar to this:
Eventually I will transfer it to my Google calendar in most cases.
4. Take the quiz: What Does Your Desk Say About You?
My result was not all that accurate.
5. How many personal photos do you have on your desk, and who are the photos of?
I've got a couple of pictures of Sparky, a couple of pictures of weddings, youth events, and...it just dawns on me...NONE of Beast. Wow, I totally suck!
6. Is your desk too big for you, too little, or just right?
At home, it's clearly way too small. A 10' x 5' table with dozens of file cabinets would be too small, I suspect. At work, it's just perfect. Much like writing, I truly think that the less space you have, the better you flow.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.