Saturday, March 27, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Have you ever belonged to a Christmas Club savings account? If so, did you actually use that check for Christmas shopping?
Nope. I thought about it a couple of times, but since I shop all year round for Christmas gifts--or used to--it wouldn't have done me any good.
2. For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring?
We always prefer to get a little money back, "little" being the keyword here. Usually when it arrives in our account (via electronic magic) we write a check for that amount for church. Our church was also the recipient of all of GWB's tax rebates.
3. How likely are you to put such a check towards paying off bills rather than spending it on something for yourself?
Well, in the years we haven't turned the refund over to God, we used it to pay down the mortgage or other outstanding things that needed doing. I think one year we bought a computer.
4. Roughly what percentage of the time do you make at least double the minimum payment due to a credit card company?
We almost always pay off our credit cards in full every month.
5. Take the quiz: What’s Your Money Personality?
When I did this a couple of years ago, it was a good description. Perhaps this is why I find Suze Orman incredibly tedious?
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most stressful, how much stress are your finances causing you right now?
We are very very blessed, in the current economy, to be keeping our heads safely above water financially. The only stress factor is upcoming college costs when Sparky heads off in 2011. I'd give me a 2 on the scale, because I have so many more urgent things crowding in sooner than that. And it helps that Beast does most of the money management, too. ;-)

1 sweet-talkers :

Diana_CT said...

I'll be glad when I finish college next year, that has put a burden on my finances. Especially in the fall of '08 when the market crashed, I had to do some hard thinking on whether I wanted to continue with college.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.