Saturday, September 5, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. You pass a co-worker in the hallway: what’s your typical greeting?
"Hey." Or, "He-ey!" Or "Hey, dude" but only with about 1/10th of the staff. Or "Hey, [name]." Yes, I'm annoying.
2. How likely are you to include their name in your greeting?
I have the HORRIBLE talent of forgetting people's names at inopportune moments, so I almost never use names unless I'm 100% sure I've got it right.
3. If you ask them how they are as you’re passing them in the hallway and they don’t reciprocate, does that bother you?
Nope. Polite question, not requiring an answer, or even attentiveness. Besides, some people at work can't help telling you about every deep breath and twitch they've had since the last time you were dumb enough to ask how they are.
4. Take the quiz: What Greeting Are You?
You Are "Hi"
You are laid back, happy, and cheerful. You are casual, and you stay away from stuffy environments.

You tend to be witty and sharp. You keep other people on their toes.


Energetic and hyper, you tend to be a person of action not of words.

Whenever you have something to say, you communicate it quickly and clearly.

So, ok--I would have sworn I'd done this already, but I can't find the result.

This seems faily accurate except for the shutting up and the clarity of my communication. I get tangled up pretty easily.
5. What greeting do you hate the most?
"Miss?" Got it, TWICE (from the same guy) today--a guy who was probably almost 20 years younger than me. STFU, dude-- I could probably be your mom; don't call me "miss."
6. What’s the strangest way someone has ever greeted you, and did you return the greeting?
I have been run into multiple times, which is a pretty odd way to 'meet' someone, though pretty unintentional. I work in public service, so really almost nothing surprises me anymore. I get called "Lady" once in awhile and that always makes me laugh: "Heeeyyyy Laaayyydeeeee!"

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.