Saturday, July 25, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. Take the quiz: What Does Your Address Say About You?
Your Address Says You're Energetic
Right now, life seems to be brimming with opportunities... and you're excited for all of them.

You are productive and creative. It makes you feel good to stay busy.

At your best, you have a full schedule and lots to do.

At your worst, you feel bored and aimless.
Idle hands make you a bit crazy!
And my response: ha ha ha.
2. How seriously are have you worked in the past month to change your life for the better, rather than living with the status quo?
My life, over the past month, has been a bit more occupied with reacting to major life changes (family illness/death, friends' illness/imminent death, new job responsibilities, potential unemployment in the household, changes in household responsibilities, you name it). I haven't seen status quo for six weeks. Not sure I'll recognize it when it pops up again.
3. How much has your life felt like it is "brimming with opportunities" in the past month, and have you seriously considered taking any of them?
Oh, there are loads of opportunities at work. I'm trying to jump on all of them, but it's getting more and more difficult as the stress ratchets up.
4. How important is becoming wealthy and successful, and has its level of importance changed at all in the past year?
I'm not at all interested in material wealth as a goal, but I would like to achieve (self-defined) success. The definition of success has been mutating lately, yes.
5. If your life could be placed on a scale that would balance between “work hard” and “play hard,” which side would be heaviest?
Work. Especially right now.
6. How much do you feel right now that you’re at some kind of crossroads?
I've found that in general the less one notices that things are changing, the more they actually seem to have changed looking back. Having said that, I'd say that right now I've got some pretty cataclysmic changes going on. I don't have a 4-way crossroads facing me; more like a five-level, six-lane cloverleaf intersection. Sigh.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.