Sunday, January 4, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. Have you ever been asked to speak in front of an audience? If so, what was the occasion and how do you feel you did?
Yes. I've spoken at church innumerable times, in front of kids and the whole congregation, I teach the occasional class at the library, and I've spoken to a small group at a conference. As long as I have a script, I'm good to go, although extemporaneous spouting is not unknown either. Generally, I do fine, and am doing better as time passes since I am getting better at suppressing emotion in the midst of speaking.
2. If you were asked to appear on David Letterman’s show, do you have a "Stupid Human Trick" you could perform?
Sure. Don't we all? I can stack up to 2 to 3 feet of books of varying shapes on my left hand and arm and carry them around the library as I shelve them. Thankfully, this would bore a national audience, and Dave, so I'm in no danger of having to appear on TV. For which I'm grateful. I'm not a fan of these shows (anymore).
3. If you were asked to be in a circus, would you be more comfortable as a clown, a trapeze artist, a tightrope walker, a juggler, an animal trainer, or the ringmaster?
Ringmaster. I'm not coordinated or physically talented enough for any of the others.
4. Take the quiz: What Circus Act Should You Perform?
When I did this I was supposed to walk on stilts. Hah. Not bloody likely.
5. How old were you the first time you visited a circus? How did you like it?
I think I was 6 or 7, and all I remember is the guy sitting next to us who smoked Marlboros and a very odd right ear.
6. How often would you describe your real job as a "circus"? Do you think it seems to be getting more or less like a circus?
It has it's circus-like moments, but mostly (at its worst) it's closer to a girl's bathroom in junior high school.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.