Monday, December 29, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Sunday Seven

Name the seven trademarked sounds you think are the most effective. (there is a list here, if you need help...like I did)
  1. Harley Davidsons' engines (money in the bank for us)
  2. MGM lion/20th Century Fox trumpet (I'm cheating a little here, I know)
  3. NBC chimes
  4. Yahoo!'s yahoooooo / AOL's "You've Got Mail!" (more cheating)
  5. The AFLAC duck's vocalizations
  6. The Pillsbury doughboy's giggle
  7. The tornado siren test, which has changed over the years but is just as annoying as it ever was when I was a kid...which is the point.
I would add all the standard over-the-phone sounds we are so familiar with: busy signal, ringing, etc. I'm not sure they are trademarked, but these are what came to mind first.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.