Saturday, January 26, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday Six

1. You go to a restaurant and order alcohol: based on past experience, how likely are you to be carded? (Are you of legal drinking age?)
I don't think I've been carded in a restaurant in years. I've been carded a couple of times at bars and stadiums. I'm 44.
2. You’re selecting a new physician and you learn that the doctor you are visiting is in his twenties: would you feel any less confident about his ability?
I hope not! However, I think I might be a little leery. Some of the very young doctors I've met have been really condescending, a trait I just can't tolerate. See ya.
3. One must be 35 years old or older to run for president. Based on arguments about experience, should the age be increased to 45? Why or why not?
I think 35 is about right. Maturity really has very little to do with age, in my experience. I have been dealing lately with a 61-year-old who behaves like a 15-year-old (in all the bad ways).
4. Take the quiz: What age do you act?
You Act Like You Are 32 Years Old

You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!
You're responsible, wise, and have enough experience to understand a lot of the world.

You're at the point in your life where you understand yourself pretty well.
You are figuring out what you want... and how to get it!
Three years ago, I was 30. I guess this is good?
5. When you were in high school, what age, in your opinion, qualified someone as being "old?"
27

Yes. Really.
6. Do you find yourself better relating to people older than you or younger than you? (Sorry, your same age group isn’t an option in this one!)
It used to be older, always. Now it's younger. Especially WAY younger. People my age have always annoyed the crap out of me.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.