Monday, December 31, 2007

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday Six

1. Compared to 2006, was 2007 better or worse for you?
I'd say they were about the same, with 2007 edging on 2006 emotionally.

2. Take the quiz: How did your year rate?
You Had a Fantastic Year!

Compared to most years, last year was definitely great.
Overall, you're living a much better life than you were twelve months ago.
And nothing is a better mark of a good year.
Here's to hoping next year is even better!

OK, I guess that's relatively accurate.
3. What moment do you remember as being the most emotional for you of 2007?
It's either Nathanael's funeral (which I barely remember) or Elizabeth's wedding. I suppose I could throw in my meltdown over the dumping of responsibilities for two youth groups in our laps at the last second, too.
4. Do you feel that you accomplished any major goals during the year?
I didn't kill anyone, and I have a slightly less fraught relationship with my son. I'm slowly learning that just because I work closely with someone, I shouldn't hang around them if they are toxic.
5. Compared to your feelings last December, are you more or less optimistic going into 2008?
Personally, optimistic. On a worldwide plane, however, I'm much more pessimistic.
6. Take one more quiz: Will you keep your new year’s resolution?
You Will Keep Your New Year's Resolution

You planning on making a resolution that's smart, attainable, and perfect for where your life is.

I can only say that I hope this is correct!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday Seven

THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:
Name the seven stories of the year that resonated most with you. You may provide links to the stories if you wish or provide a brief summary of what happened.
1. Benazir Bhutto's assassination. It was quite odd seeing the headline this week--I have been sure for years she'd be killed while attempting to serve her country. It makes me very sad that I was right.

2. The Virginia Tech shooting. Stuff like this makes me nervous, since I have a 14-year-old son who faces public school every day, and will be headed off to college shortly. Anything can happen, any time.

3. The local stories about some of our our neighbors' criminal charges. I'm not going to get into it, but it does seem that our area has seen a real concentration of "icky" and deviant behavior.

4. The bridge collapse in Minneapolis. We had been about five blocks from the site about a month before it happened, crossed the bridge at least a couple of times... Very freaky.

5. Brett Favre's 25th season with the Packers. If you don't have a clue why this has been an amazing season...well, just crawl back in your ESPN-less hole.

6. Global warming has finally hit the mainstream. It's only been hanging around the background for fifteen years!! Hello?

7. The war, dammit. Why are we still fighting this thing? Why are we there? Can someone please just tell us what we're doing??

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.